Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Quilt Idea


Of course I thought it was a new idea and then found many others also had the same love and idea.

I have been collecting handkerchiefs to make a quilt. Every time Honey and I go to a shop or antique show I look for someone selling hankies. When I find them I select five. (sometimes something speaks and I purchase more). When I have enough and the confidance I will make a quilt of them. There are several people I have bought hankies from who are waiting for a finished project. They want to see (and I am maybe display) what can be done with their wares. Not a bad idea. I think my Mum will be able to help me find the perfect way to create a quilt so others can enjoy these hankies.

1 comment:

R said...

I LOVE HANKIES!!! Love, love, love them! I've seen many-a-craft projects with ways to creatively show them. I think a quilt is a beautiful idea.

I've changed my blog URL: (http://stitcheryfriend.blogspot.com)