Tuesday, October 10, 2006

To Make a Long Story Short

DH and I had a wonderful day in Helen, GA. The food was soooo gooood, and we window shopped till we almost dropped. Saturday I had the pleasure of babysitting the Grandaughter of a Dear Friend. What a perfect reminder of how much energy a little girl can have at four! But she is a joy. DH wanted me to do some test sewing on the "Chines" he had been working on. Well, I thought, no way with a four year old in the house! Would you believe she was facinated??!! She sat right beside me and I showed her how the machine was threaded. Of course I carefully showed her where she shouldn't put her fingers. After that I remembered the Button Box. I was repairing a dress for her and gave her my button box so she could find all the pink buttons. Then we picked the one we would use on her dress. I was amazed that I forgot such a basic learning tool. DH and I both remember learning colors and counting with our Mother's Buttons.

I am so thankful for:

A mother with a Button Box
The beauty only seen through the eyes of little children
The prayers of Dear Friends
My Dear Honey/Husband

2 comments:

Susan said...

Good to have one of those pleasant weekends.......... Hope you ate some sausage for me..............

tam said...

What fun to have so much time with your husband...I long for this...

Glad you had a good time!